Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Home Opener

Hello everybody. Thanks for checking in. Last week was our home opener. We played Lyngby that moved up from the first division last year. To say they were bad is an understatement. I can't imagine playing them two more times, once was too many. At least we only have to go there once. We won 25-14, 25-14, 25-16. Since that match not much has been happening on the volleyball front. We played on a Thursday so we had the weekend off.

This week practice resumed as usual. Our practice schedule has been a little brutal this year though. Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday are all 8-10 pm. I'm not home until 10:30 most nights. If I didn't make an early dinner before practice I am not eating until 11 or later which isn't good. We also lost sauna Tuesdays. Last year practice on Tuesday was at 4 so after we would have a nice long recuperating sauna/cold pool. The only good thing about practicing so late is that I can get a nice hard lift in at CCS and still be ready to go later. I have been hitting the pool hard to on any day off that we have had. I have been to the pool 5 times so far. Been doing pretty well. Today I did a quick 50 lengths in a 25m pool in just a little over a half hour.

My shoulder felt pretty good at practice yesterday, almost no tightness or pain in the initial hitting warm ups. I hope by next week I'll be back to 100% so I don't have to be tentative every time I hit a ball not in perfect stride. Wondering if this all out swing on an out of system set is going to hurt or not. Hopefully my next post will be the last time I have to mention it, and it will only be mentioned to say it's over.

This weekend we travel to Copenhagen to play Hvidovre, a team that was in the bottom of the elite division last year in Denmark. Should be better than Lyngby but not by much. Wish we could just play double headers with some of these weaker teams in Copenhagen so we wouldn't have to drive 4 hours round trip to play less than 60 minutes.

Molly has been doing really well. She is now 10.5 weeks old. Getting big! Well bigger. We live half a mile from a walking path through the woods down near the Odense harbor. Molly really likes to get down there and get all the different smells and do a bit of hunting. She walks pretty well most of the time. We also live about 2 blocks from a huge soccer field that is actually two soccer fields adjacent to each other so she can be unleashed and run free a bit. She can't run very fast but she has a pretty legit first step burst. She also has started to recognize her name so she listens more and stops doing bad things when she hears "Nej!"

All for now. Talk soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment